Practising since 2002
Registered with the Notarys’ Registry of Bern and the Attorneys’ Registry of Bern
lic.iur., University of Bern, 1998
Admission to the bar, 2001
Notary diploma of the Canton of Bern, 2002
LL.M. (University of Alabama), 2004
As of 2002 Markus Bärtschi worked as a notary in the office of Alfred Flückiger at Belpstrasse 9 in Muri. In 2005 he became a partner at Flückiger & Bärtschi, which moved its offices to Thunstrasse 68 in 2006. Since the beginning of 2015 the notary office has been operating under the name recht@muri.
Markus Bärtschi serves mainly families who have been clients of our notary office since its foundation in the 1930’s. He provides all notarial services from land registry and inheritance to commercial registry issues, in particular for private persons and companies in the surrounding area.
Markus Bärtschi speaks German, English and French.
Public Offices and Board/Foundation Memberships
- Member of the parliament of Muri Bern, since 2007 (2013 as the president)
- Board member of the Alters- und Pflegeheim Muri-Gümligen (APH, „Nussbaumallee“)
- Member of the commission for the Museum of Natural History of Burgergemeinde Bern
- Board member of a foundation for nature conservation and animal protection
- Member of a Bernese child and adult protection authority
- Board member of the Wohnbaugenossenschaft Pro Familia Muri-Gümligen
- Board member of the Gewerbeverein Muri-Gümligen
- Baord member of Männer-Concordia des Kantons Bern (Altherrenschaft Studentenverbindung)
- Staff officer in the Swiss Army
- President of the Residential Tenancy Office of Muri Bern
- Member of the guardianship and social welfare commission of Muri Bern
- Member of the commission for city and traffic planning of Muri Bern
Markus Bärtschi is a member of the Bernese and Swiss Notary Association.